In this episode of the Beyond Billables podcast, we have the pleasure of interviewing Maddie Livesey – ex-ballerina, ex-lawyer, entrepreneur and seasoned meditator. After graduating university with a law degree and becoming the first lawyer in her family, Maddie decided to find her happiness by switching things up and changing her career pathway to become the General Manager and Project Director of The General Store, a retail marketing strategy and innovation agency.
Maddie is a B&T 30 under 30 award-winner, a fashion entrepreneur and is a big fan of Vedic meditation. Listen to the podcast to hear Maddie discuss the fear that can come from taking leaps into the unknown, as well as the emotional benefits that come from doing what you love.
We also discuss:
- The benefits of finding a side hustle
- Why you should find a creative outlet
- The importance of prioritising
- Being guided by common sense
- Why it’s okay to take the leap
- The happiness that can come from going after what you want
- How networking can help you find your pathway
- Why meditation isn’t airy-fairy nonsense
- How to find time to do what you love
- Maddie’s secret indulgence