Do you sometimes struggle with courage? Maybe there’s something you want to do, but you can’t quite find the strength to do it. Perhaps you’re unhappy in your job or your relationship, or you’re studying a degree you don’t actually like, but you worry you’ll disappoint people. No matter what your fears are, facing them can feel impossible. So, how do you do it?
In today’s podcast, we talk to Nadine Champion about exactly that: finding the courage to face your fears. Nadine is a black belt, martial arts Sensei, undefeated fighter, international speaker, cancer survivor and author of 10 Seconds of Courage, an inspiring and moving recount of Nadine’s struggles, and the techniques she uses to overcome her fears. We also discuss situations in which Nadine herself has had to find strength and courage, like being invited to speak at TEDxSYDNEY (where she delivered an enormously powerful speech that you should watch, but spoiler alert: you may cry).
Champion by name, champion by nature, Nadine truly is an inspiration. Listen to learn more about her story, as well as things like:
- Recognising the moments and opportunities to make changes in your life
- How to embrace those moments instead of running from them
- Having a better understanding of yourself and your personal values
- Why you should avoid getting too caught up on who you think you should be, and focus on who you are instead
- Overcoming self doubt to pursue your dreams
- How lawyers can do great things with a little bit of courage
- The benefits of doing things the hard way instead of the easy way
- Why facing your fears can lead to amazing things
- How Nadine found her better self, and how you can do it too
- Why you only need 10 seconds to be courageous