Lazarus Legal – Lawyer – General Commercial and Litigation
Lazarus Legal is a boutique commercial law firm located in bustling Bondi Junction. Our core focus is on general commercial work, litigation and intellectual property. We cater to clients who are SME’s, FMCG’s, start-ups, creative businesses and high net worth individuals on the full spectrum of commercial advice and litigation.
We are a dynamic, savvy and growing firm that is looking to the future. We offer the full range of time based, fixed fee and retainer approaches to our clients and are focussed on providing our clients with simplicity, efficiency and a strong focus on innovation, delivering value and quality. It’s what we call the ‘Lazarus Legal Edge’ and it’s why we offer flexibility and certainty around fees and pricing and our ‘Advisors on Tap’ in-house function. Quite simply we are not your typical ‘suit and tie’ firm.
We have a strong commitment to implementing new technology and driving efficiency in our service delivery and have a strong focus on new law principles and marketing to drive our firm forward. In line with the success we have had to date, we are now looking to add a talented and driven junior to intermediate commercial/litigation lawyer to our team.
You will be working directly for the Principals of the firm both of whom have extensive local and international experience and are well placed to drive your career forward as a commercial lawyer.
This isn’t your typical legal job. Yes, we are looking for a qualified lawyer with between 1 and 3 years of post-admission experience, strong technical skills, drafting ability and experience working on a diverse range of commercial agreements as well as litigious matters. All of this goes without saying, but we are also looking for someone who would like to develop their commercial skills, get involved in marketing and help us drive our firm forward. In turn, we will support you in doing great work in a diverse and engaging culture, with interesting clients across a wide range of industries and with all the training and support you will need to be successful.
So what does the role involve exactly?
- You will have experience across a wide range of general commercial matters, including advice work, commercial agreements as well as litigation and disputes work (including preparation and filing of all relevant court documents);
- Experience preparing, reviewing and advising on commercial agreements and contracts such as shareholder’s agreements, loan agreements, consultancy/services and distribution agreements, website t’s and c’s etc;
- Be an ace at legal research and be highly tech savvy / interested in using tech to make practice easier and drive efficiency for our clients;
- We want a team player, someone who is looking to contribute across all facets of legal work, business development and marketing as well as having a commercial approach to the work they produce and the clients they advise;
- We encourage our lawyers to dive into the client facing and business development side of practice at every opportunity, and we ideally want someone who is comfortable and in their element in that role;
- You will need to be tech and marketing savvy. Legal practice is changing rapidly, and we need someone quick on their feet who understands how tech can drive change, offer huge value to our clients and make your day to day job more satisfying;
- We love to market on social media and so will you. Ideally you will be looking to use our platform and reputation to build and cultivate your own client base over time and be rewarded directly for those efforts; and
- You will have a spark of creativity and be able to deliver engaging marketing copy and content regularly across various social media platforms around your areas of interest and practice specialisations.
Some of the personal characteristics we would like to see include:
- You will have high energy, be results focussed and outgoing;
- You enjoy dealing with clients and scoping new business opportunities;
- You take personal responsibility for your performance and work product;
- You understand and enjoy the business side of practice and are curious about how to help us expand our business and client base;
- You are someone who will take ownership, follow through on commitments and take the initiative to solve problems; and
- You will have first class analytical and problem-solving skills, have the smarts and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and a strong client focussed outlook.
So what is the upside of joining Lazarus Legal?
- We are a long standing and already successful law firm that is looking to take the next step in our evolution, so it’s exciting times ahead for Lazarus Legal. Our leaders have a combined 40 years of experience working across a diverse and interesting range of industries both locally and internationally including for market leading law firms and in-house with global corporates.
- We are positioning ourselves at the cutting edge in terms of practice management and marketing as well as opening new doors in the SME, FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods), start-up and creative industry spaces where we offer the full suite of commercial and disputes related advice. As a result, you will get to work on a variety of matters, be guided and mentored by leading practitioners and develop your own niche over time.
- We pride ourselves on our culture and approach that gives our lawyers the freedom and autonomy they need to find their feet and work to their strengths. At the same time, we offer guidance and the training you will need to deliver the quality our clients have come to expect.
- For the right person we are offering a competitive base salary and attractive incentives package geared to reward and motivate you for success. We are looking for a motivated lawyer who can partner with us as we evolve and grow in the long-term.
This is a full-time role based in Bondi Junction. We are looking for someone to start immediately, so if you are interested in applying, please forward your CV and cover letter (outlining the reasons why you would want to join Lazarus Legal) to [email protected].