Welcome to the fourth episode of the BeyondBillables podcast. Today, we’re talking with Alex Solo, a talented, tech-savvy entrepreneur and co-founder of sprintlaw, a cloud-based law firm with an entirely online presence and a goal to help smaller businesses with their legal needs. Alex started out with a desire to work in music production, and ended up studying law instead. We talk about what brought on that decision as well as his past business ventures, and the failures and successes he’s experienced.
Breaking away from the pack is a move that looks like it’s paid off very well for Alex. Listen to the podcast to hear him talk about what prompted him to do that, as well as the challenges he faced when he did. We discuss what inspired him to start his own business, and how he overcame adversity to achieve his goals.
We also touch on things like:
- Running a successful side gig
- Building a better network
- NewLaw careers and what they look like
- Important skills for any future professional
- How to choose the best study and/or career options
- Why you don’t need to be hugely tech-savvy to enjoy technology
- Getting frustrated with the status quo – and doing something about it
- Taking risks
- The pro’s and con’s of the NewLaw business model